As a medical practice, we are considered an essential service and continue to be open during any stay at home advisories or orders. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has issued guidance encouraging all families to keep well visit appointments and stay up to date on vaccinations to avoid outbreaks of vaccine preventable diseases (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/visit/vaccination-during-COVID-19.html). We are committed to providing a safe environment for our families to receive healthcare during this pandemic.
In an effort to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19 within our office, we have the following safety protocols for all appointments:
1. We keep our office door locked to avoid people with unknown health status from entering our office. Everyone must be screened by phone prior to entering our office and must be a scheduled patient.
2. Sick patients are seen at separate times of the day from well visits and healthy patients.
3. If any member of a household has been exposed to COVID-19, a minimum waiting period of 2 weeks (symptom free) is required prior to visiting our office.
4. If any member of a household has had COVID-19-like symptoms, a waiting period of 2 weeks after symptoms resolve is required prior to coming for a well visit or preventive service. COVID-19 symptoms include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, diarrhea, loss of taste or loss of smell.
5. If any member of a household has traveled outside of the state of Illinois, a waiting period of 2 weeks is required before receiving well visits or preventive services.
6. Only 1 parent and the child being seen are permitted to appointments. All other children, family members and care takers must stay home. For newborns, both parents are permitted until 2 months old.
8. Everyone over the age of 2 years old must wear a mask that does not have a respiratory vent or valve on it. See CDC guidelines for more information on appropriate masks.
9. To ensure proper social distancing and allow staff sufficient time for cleaning, late arrivals are not permitted at this time. All families are encouraged to come 5 minutes early.
10. We are doing curbside check-in for all appointments. Patients are instructed to stay in their car when they arrive to our parking lot. Parents must then call our office to notify our staff that they have arrived. Our staff will ensure the child’s exam room is clean and that no other family is in the waiting room checking out. Once this has been verified, our staff will inform the parent that they can come in.